This is a very common question we receive when folks are inquiring about wrought iron or aluminum fence. Learn about the differences in video and pictures!
Here are a couple videos we did to help show the differences between our Traditional and Signature grade Iron and aluminum fences:
Here are some additional photos and details on the differences as well:
Signature grade has larger, thicker pickets and taller, wider finials. It’s the more heavy-duty option. However, that doesn’t mean its only for commercial applications or mansions. Many people like the additional beef and profile of the Signature grade.
Our Traditional grade iron and aluminum fences have a smaller profile. They look more accurate to the old hand-wrought pieces made 100+ years ago. While our Traditional grade fences are plenty strong and beautiful, there are situations where the additional strength and larger profile of Signature grade wrought iron or aluminum fence would be a better option.
Some of the considerations in choosing Signature grade over Traditional grade for a home are:
– The fence is going near an area you do not have control over such as a public sidewalk
– You want the fence to stand out as part of your landscaping. Traditional fence tends to blend in with the scenery whereas Signature grade’s larger profile stands out
– The fence is going around a larger home (especially multi-level homes)
– The additional strength of Signature grade is desired for security
– If the fence may come in contact with heavier animals such as deer, horses or livestock
If you have any questions about the differences between grades, feel free to call 800-261-2729 or email us at [email protected] and we would be happy to help out!